Sunday 1 April 2018

Valencia








               





























All expenses paid trip to Valencia?! Erm yes please.
So couple of weeks ago I got the opportunity to travel to Valencia to take part in a small training  course for customising denim using laser printing technology. It was really cool and a great opportunity. I got to meet two genuinely lovely people who made the trip a memorable one. I think it’s really nice when you meet new people that you no nothing about and end up having the best conversations. Very inspiring people.
Outside of the training we explored the wonderful city.. Valencia at night and ate and drank our way through some of the coolest and cutest restaurants around the town, and in the Ruzafa - known as Valencia’s hipster neighbourhood. We ate at one restaurant where the food and drink was just Devine and the Vino Tinto - red wine in Spanish was beaut. Not to mention the tapas, dirt cheap and simply delicious. We even managed to catch the sun set one evening, which was so dreamy, dusky skies soft sand and fresh sea air. Golden hour! You can’t beat it.
Exploring aside the main purpose of the trip was to learn the basics of how to use the laser machine in order to customise denim such as jeans, jackets and dungarees etc. This was for the launch of a new body optix campaign. This was a part time project which was really fun to be a part of, however the launch didn’t go as well as planned and unfortunately I didn’t go ahead with working on the machine. Which in all honesty, I’m a slightly glad about because it was a complex machine and process, suitable for people from a graphic design back ground. Unlike myself. A longer training time would have been better, albeit I’m happy to have gained further industry knowledge and experience and I had a great time after all.
From the trip, I discovered that Jeanologia are working with their customers to become as sustainable as they can be. Something I am quite passionate about. I also learnt to continue to embrace new challenges and be more open minded by putting myself out there more. 
Believe it or not this was the first trip where I had actually flown alone, I've always enjoyed flying, but flying alone was something I was a bit nervous about before. I'm really glad I've had the chance to do it. Reading my book and taking in the clouds and sky was so nice and peaceful.
I would definitely like to visit Valencia again, for longer and when the weather is a bit warmer. Although I must say anything was better than the prolonged rain and snow we were having. 
Valencia for a city break, I would certainly recommend. 
A x

No comments:

Post a Comment